Introducing Mobile App Porting as A Service, MAPAS by MyAppConverter
At MyAppConverter, our goal is “to enable mobile developers and application owners to quickly bring their applications to any mobile device, without compromising quality or performance.”
Once built, installing any mobile applications on any device ,on any platform, by anyone anywhere should be driven by user choice and personalisation and not by portability issues, proprietary protocols or technology limitations - this is our vision.
Therefore, we've built an instant and automatic native to native code conversion platform that helps achieve this goal. Our technology is based on semantic code transformation and model driven engineering.
Since January this year we've made the code conversion platform free to anyone to use as a Self-Service option- currently supporting Objective-C, Swift and Android. The service offers iOS developers the possibility to publish their software for the Android ecosystem. One of the main benefits of the Self-Service Offering is that the developer/customer can within minutes download the converted code and finish it himself/herself assuming he knows both iOS and Android platforms. Indeed the converted code is fully editable and only contains native code. Benefits are huge saving up to 70% of time in porting a native app to another native platform.
What we recently found that some customers are more concerned about getting a full working and deployable application without trouble shooting themselves in getting the work completed. Therefore, along with the self-service offering, we have launched the Mobile Application Porting as A Service, MAPAS which is a full turnkey service for fast & low cost mobile app porting services.
MAPAS offering works as follows - example of porting an iOS app to native Android:
1. The customer uploads or sends us the iOS or Android project and tell us which code conversion service to port to; for instance let's take customer who wants to port from iOS to Android. We use our code conversion engine to assess, analyse and eventually convert automatically and instantly to native Android.
If the customer is worried about our new way of porting apps, we send a NDA that our companies can mutually sign. NDA is signed before any submission is made so any customer's IP is protected.
2. Upon submission of the source code project, we send to the customer - usually within hours - a free quotation including price & estimated delivery for the full app porting to the target platform (that includes the native converted source code and the executable file/app).
3. Customer accepts the quote but pays nothing yet until he fully satisfied with the final converted app.
4. Upon acceptance of the quote, we deliver the first Android apk for the customer, so the customer can test himself.
5. We will fix any issues identified by the customer testing the apk until the customer is fully satisfied with the end product.
6. The customer is fully happy with the final apk
There could be some iterations and we will fix all issues until the customer is satisfied with the apk.
7. We send the customer the invoice once the customer is fully happy with the final apk and then the customer pays us.
8. Upon reception of the payment, we send to the customer the Android source code of the apk which is full readable, editable, & maintainable… All the property of the customer, forever…
MAPAS seems to be of great value for companies including startups that want to launch their mobile apps almost simultaneously on both iOS and Android platform without spending loads of money, resources and time.
We are also currently extending MAPAS to cover Amazon FireOS.
Our MAPAS offering is based on a breakthrough technology called semantic driven code transformation and model driven engineering.
We are getting loads of customer requests for MAPAS and we start reaching our internal capacity. Therefore we plan to launch MyAppMarketPlace later this year to cope with the demand. This will be the first online marketplace for full, fast, low cost and native to native mobile app code conversion & porting services.
We will be looking for partners who can act as an extension of MyAppConverter , where the entire work of mobile app porting and code conversion can be done automatically via the code conversion platform and manually finished by expert developers who get paid though job listing within the marketplace.
More information about MyAppMarketPlace to come in due course.